Thursday, October 30, 2008
Scary Monsters...
So the other night my son, Ryan woke shaking like a leaf! He was yelling "stay away puppy!" He is deathly afraid of anything that is moving. The night this had all happened we were at my dads playing cards and my dad threw on this new show called "Crusoe." Well at some point in the show there was a dog chasing this guy because it was suppose to protect the bones. Anywho we think that it scared our little guy to death. Needless to say I had a sleepless night and was forced to sleep in a toddler bed with him for quite some time. So we thought after that night that would be behind us....then his nap came along at 2pm. The same thing happened, so he fell asleep on the couch with me. Derrek finally got home and Ryan told him to go spank that scary monster! So all we could hear was some slapping around in Ryan's room. Then I told Ryan to go check to see if the monster was gone and sure enough Daddy saved the day!:) He now brags to people "that daddy spanked the monster and it is all gone!" It was a sad moment for me. I didn't know what to do and was almost in tears at how scared he truly was. I want a home where he is safe and feels that way too. I know I have that and that I don't have total control over what happens when he is asleep and I really hate that part. We did have a good night sleep last night with no kids waking up. So I guess you call that my fairy tale ending story because it turned out to be funny with the spanking and all!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment