Saturday, April 26, 2008

Yard work

I am in the process of fixing up my yard. It was a disaster when we bought it and my whole backyard was one giant weed with overgrown bushes and plants. I have cut down all the plants and need to get a stump grinder to make it somewhat even and rake up a million leaves! My mom keeps telling me to keep at it it will all be worth it when it is done. But I am just not seeing it ever being done! It is like the bottomless pit of work! Today I took apart the deck so I can fix it and do a railing, then stain it. We have a tree guy coming out to give me an estimate on how much it will cost to cut some of my tree. Hopefully I can get this yard looking good soon otherwise it might just be a lost cause. I hope all the pain in my hands will be worth it in the end, I am just not cut out for this kind of manual labor! I will definately keep everyone updated on how things are working out for me and if it starts looking fabulous I will have to post some pictures! I better get back to my slave job!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, that sounds like a lot of work! but hey, at least you are lucky enough to have a yard! :) i hope you can get it done, so you don't have to worry about it anymore! i hate having unfinished projects, because i worry about them until i can finish them!

Trent and Cas said...

good job tecia! you have much more ambition than i do. you've always been a hard worker though. can't wait to see it when it is finished!

Anonymous said...

I could just text you, but it's late right now, so I don't want to wake you up! I just saw your text. I don't know why I didn't see it til now, but you are so nice to offer to do vinyl for me. But, I won't let you do it for free. Maybe I could make you a nursing cover and we could swap. Or, I could just pay you. Whatever you prefer! :) I need your email address, by the way.