So lately I have been on a baking roll and have been making pumpkin pies from scratch and believe it or not they are delicious! I am very proud of myself because I have never been a cook, but lately I have tried many new things and they turned out well. I made a split pea soup that was yummy and some homemade salsa. I am going to try my hand at canning too in a couple of weeks. I am more sore now because I have been doing things I probably shouldn't but thought I could. So my stomach feels like I have done 1,000 crunches, if only they showed that result.=)
Ryan has been having a lot of fun at pre-school and has not had any problems so far. Our only struggle is that he likes to sleep in on his school days more than the other days. So let the nagging begin.=) He and Abi are fighting more because they can now do all the very same things. I really do have mini parents lately and it's driving me crazy! Derrek and I hope to fix that ASAP.
Abi has been counting and learning as much from as she can. He has been so good to try to teach her things. She is the best little girl when it comes to doing her hair, she will sit there fairly still for not quite 2 and let you do it. Everyday she wants me to touch up her fingernails to make them pretty. Can you say high maintenance already. She has been asking to go potty more and more and hopefully soon when I crack down on it, I will only have one baby in diapers! YAY!!
Ethan seems to have been growing like a weed to us, but I still I get people who think I am carrying around a doll. Do people really think that an adult would carry a doll around so gentle and caring? I love when he is awake because he has big, bright eyes with his tiny, little face. He is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't ask for a better baby. Most nights I ahve to wake him up to eat, just because I hurt. He cries more than the other two kids did but not near the amount of a regular baby. He doesn't fit into any of our cute "big boy" clothes, just jammies.
Derrek has been working and trying to help out where he can. I try not to wake him when I need help in the night so he can sleep. We are hoping that soon he will only have to work 1 job, only time will tell. We have been thinking about a big renovation to our kitchen/living room that will consume most of his free time in the summer next year. We both are excited about it if we can get it to work. That's all for now we are just trying to make it day by day with the adventure of three kids now.=)
No comments:
Post a Comment