Wednesday, July 1, 2009

an update











Well things have been crazy this past week for me. I have been cleaning like crazy for this baby, because I feel like he is coming earlier than expected. I have sharp pains and contractions all the time they are just not consistent enough right now. I have another doctors appointment on tuesday and we will see what he says. So I have all of his clothes out up to 12 months, I carpet cleaned the whole house thanks to my mother in laws cleaner, I scrubbed the walls down from the dirty kidlets hands, and have cleaned out closets. For some reason I thought I eould also arrange my food storage again, yep I am weird! I have also been attending to our garden. I am so proud of myself. We actually have everything growing and I couldn't be more ecstatic. However, my carrots are deformed because I put a bunch together so they curled around each other and they haven't gotten very long yet because of it, but they are very yummy and that's all that matters, right? Last week I found corn growing and saw the husks coming out of the stalks. I have already given my mom and dad some lettuce because no one told me that squash plants get HUGE! They are overshadowing everything around them and I planted like 12!! I find myself cutting the huge leafs back once a week. We have green tomatoes and can't wait for them to be red. Our watermelon is growing and I can't wait to eat the yummy sweetness. We recently planted out pumpkin plants and they are just as big as the watermelons already. Ryan gets so excited when he goes out to see "his" garden. Anyway it is all looking so good I don't know if I will be willing to share.=)

We are hoping to get some home improvements done in the kidst of having this baby. We want to install french doors within the next two weeks and to get a sprinkling systems set up. My brother came over and hooked us up with the electrical and now it's all up to Derrek. Slowly but surely I think it will be done by fall.

I have just such a great family who takes of me when I need it. I do find myself getting yelled at more by Derrek, but I guess it's for my own good. He really has just taken control of things here at the house when he is home and tells me to go sit down. I love him.

We have had many days at wheeler farm with the too close ducks and million rats, yuck!!! Also surprisingly many days in the hot sun playing on our inflateable jumper. What a good investment that was. Well that is enough for now and pictures to come when I have more time =)

2 comments:

Joe and Amie said...

When's the baby due?

Sheila Buchei said...

Randy said to tell you he has already eaten his first RED and juicy tomato from our garden......but you really need to give him a bad time, because I think he killed his corn.