Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!!




The things that Ryan loves about his dad:




He plays with me.


He makes yummy cheese sandwiches.


Takes me on walks.


Let's me jump on him.


Let's me drive.


Buys me ice cream.


Reads me extra bedtime stories.


Takes me to the petting zoo.


Gives me a bath.


Say prayers.


Teaches me how to clean up.


Builds things with me.




The things Abigail loves about daddy:




I can jump on him.


He let's me shock him.


Gives me a tub.


Brushes my teeth.


Gives me treats.


Reads me books.


Gives me juice.


Digs.


Cuddles with me.


Say prayers.




By the look of the list I guess I, the mom, doesn't do a whole lot. =) With the little bit of time Derrek has with the kids because of work, he really does a lot for them. We make an effort to have one on one and family time together at night. Sometimes that means I am in bed before he is because Ryan wants him in his room longer and I love that they have a close relationship like that. They wait by the door after naps in hopes that their dad will be home soon to spoil them and play. They all fight to say prayers with him, even though we have no clue what Abigail says sometimes she tries. They tend to listen to him more and crave every second with him. Derrek tries to do different things on every day off now and they love it. They love the thought that dads car is still in the driveway. I love that even though it is his day off he takes care of me as well and let's me rest. He helps me with projects, even the crafts. He is the best daddy to these kids. I love and appreciate all that he does, and even the kids will tell him they appreciate him. They are always saying "I love you daddy." They love to get his phone calls and tell him about their day.




We love you Derrek and are glad that we are an eternal family!!

No comments: