Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's been awhile..




So it's been a full month! With all the holidays and vacations I can forget to write, so I am sorry.:) For the 24th our family went to pineview to go wave running for the day with Derrek's side of the family. It was a lot of fun, and I even took Ryan for a ride and we went fast! It was all going well until the lame marina people pulled me over! Who does that? So they totally ruined my trip and since I am no longer on depression medicine I cried when I got back to shore. They weren't really mean either I just got mad, plus it was my first ever ticket! Good thing it doesn't count against me. So I told Derrek I was never going on them again! On the plus side his mom said she would pay for it! YAY for me!

I must say that I am pretty lucky to have such awesome families! On either side would help us out when we needed it. I love them!

So at the end of the month we will be going wave running again at Lake Powell and Derrek said they aren't as stingy at all, so hopefully I don't get another ticket or I will never go on them again!

So my ward has a play group and Ryan has been having so much fun! We have only gone a couple of times, but he enjoys getting out and I enjoy it as well because he gets extra tired! There is only one other boy that goes and luckily he is in Ryan's nursery class and they have so much fun. I also like to get some adult conversation in as well, because if any of you know my hubby it comes few and far between! Just kidding, he can surprise me from occassion! Anywho, so that is the day we always look forward to.

Exciting news from one of my friends, Stacie Parker Noall, she is expecting TWINS!!! A boy and a girl. I am so happy for her. I know it will be a huge struggle financially though, especially in these times where everything is being hiked up, so I told her we can go shopping and pick out some fabric so I can make her bedding. I am totally not fabulous at it but mine work fine for what I need.:) I always wanted to treat all my friends the same gift wise, but I guess I never thought twins would be in the ratio or the times as bad as they are. Anyway I am just ecstatic for her! Sorry to those who think I didn't give them good stuff, one day I may make up for it.:) I hope all my friends know that I would do anything I possibly could for them and to just ask me if they needed help.

Thanks have a good one!:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tecia, you seriously are the best gift-giver. I LOVED what you gave me at my baby shower. The super soft socks were on my feet the entire time I was at the hospital, I love them! And the super cute, soft clothes you gave Charlie, and the medicine, basket, and food you gave him. I remember everything you gave me, because I LOVED that gift. Anyway, I think Stacy will love what you give her too! :)

the Brakey's said...

You get your need for speed from your mom! I remember how she zipped around the neighborhood in her cute little green car!