Monday, June 8, 2009

I have the best of the best!!


getting ready for the show


helping Ryan pull out the sword

at the beach getting water for the sandcastle

daddy holding on tight so no one falls in.



So with all of my preganancy issues I must say how blessed I am to have such an awesome husband and kids. Most days Derrek will come home and tell me to lay down or to get out of the kitchen. I feel horrible when he does but I also know that I need to do what he says for my health as well as the baby. It is very hard for me to accept help even from my cute husband and I am trying very hard to deal with it. I still try to do daily things and he doesn't like that much, but I feel like I am not doing my part. So now I only do small things and sometimes not even dinner. He is just so good to pick up where I have left off. Today I weeded my garden, which only took about five minutes. My corn is now 2 feet tall and who knew squash could get so big and with a huge flower (okay probably everyone but me.) I picked up the living room, did the dishes with my handy Ryan helper, and will do laundry when Derrek gets home. If I could only do this much everyday I would feel better about my duties as a wife and mother. I guess Derrek is just going to get one heck of a father's day present with he does for us.




Ryan has also been just such a big help to me lately. He will help Derrek bring me food, help load the dishes/wash, fold laundry, vacuum, water...you name it and he will ask to help. I think I should catch it on film with him asking to do chores so that down the road I can show him that he really does like to do chores!=) He says the cutest and funniest things to make me feel better. He will randomly tell me he likes/loves me and "you have a cute big butt!" because I tell him he has a cute little bum. He is such a sweet tender hearted kid and so smart, I couldn't ask for a better kid and example for the rest of my kids.




Abigail is growing, not exactly in height but in personality. She has learned how to say prayers, though you can't understand it sometimes she says it and is very proud of herself as Derrek and I are. She is full of spunk and a spitting image of me, so naturally she can be a little more princess than one likes to admit but that is her and she is perfect. She tries to dress herself and now she always wants to go potty with Ryan so I may only have to change one baby afterall.=) She knows what she wants and doesn't stop until she gets it and she can be dirty like biting, pulling hair, pinching. Yep, she does it all until she get what she thinks is hers. Poor Ryan....Hopefully with the new baby she will mellow out a bit, I am not holding my breath by any means just being hopeful.=)




I love my family and all they do for me and continue to do for me. I am blessed and couldn't ask for anyone better in my life than Derrek and the kids we have. He is a good teacher and example to them. I love to watch them play and for each of them to light up when they see each other. They make my day. I love you, oodles and oodles!!








1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you have a great family to support you. I loved the picture of Ryan trying to get the sword out. Remember when Tyler did it? I think about it everytime we walk by.