So I think we had a fabulous Easter! I made their Eatser baskets this year with leftover fabric from there bedroom. They got games, candy, puzzles, wings, shoes the works. Derrek got tupperware! I loved it and thought it was hilarious! He always seems to forget to bring home ours so then he has no container for his lunch the next day. He also got some candy, earphones, Mtn. Dew and some new shirts. I got some flip-flops, slippers, my favorite magazine, and some cookies. I have been all about the cookies lately so I was pleased. We went to my dads for an egg hunt in the evening with Tyler and Kim's girl Sophie. Those three kids get along so well it makes me sick sometimes. Honestly you never hear them fight, unless it's over a monkey or a blanket but easily remedied.
I have also started and planted my garden. I was a bit scared when the snow came because half of my plants were in the ground, so I ran out with all my old kid table clothes and covered them up. So far they look great, now I just hope we can get something to grow. I know I packed a lot in a small space and when I am huge in a month or so I don't know how I am going to harvest but I really just wanted to get a feel for it and to see if I can actually grow something. I guess the plus side to that is maybe there will be no room for weeds!:) Just to give you a run down on what and how many thing I have planted here is the list.
48 corn plants but most have two in them so double that.
19 tomato plants
12 peas
16 watermelon (35lbs) hopefully want more:)
10 cucumber
10 peppers
20 zuccini and squash
15 carrots
3 strawberry bushes
a potato hill
and I will be doing a pumpkin patch when my peas ar egone because then if something isn't growing they will go there too. So I keeping telling myself, "something will grow right, you have a lot of possibilities." I love it now too because my kids have been loving the fruits and veggies lately and it will make me happy to say "get a basket and go get what you want to snack on." Anyway I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter!
1 comment:
uh, is that a Mountain Dew in that Easter Basket?!? Wish I had your Bunny!
Post a Comment