Sunday, March 29, 2009
my garden!
Well I don't have any pictures yet because I am just too excited, but I bought those trays from walmart that are the pellets of dirt and you put the seed in it. Anyway, I bought just one of those and a bunch of seeds thinking "oh yeah one should be enough." Boy was a wrong! I could only fit half my corn, one cucumber, peas, and watermelon. I planted them last Sunday evening and they have already sprouted, well all but the watermelon. That will be 72 plants when done, but wait there's more. I wanted to get all my plants started so on Friday I went back to walmart and bought two more trays and have filled them too! Can you believe it. I figure that since I am doing so many that I am at least going to have a 50% chance of something good coming out of this, I mean I have 78 corn plants! Mind you I am sharing with my family, well maybe we will see how good the product is!:) We are also growing 3 kinds of squash, zuccini, potatoes, 3 kinds of tomatoes, strawberries, peppers and that may be it, I can't remember anymore. I hope it all turns out well and I will post pictures soon. I will probably try to transplant them in a couple of weeks because I have my activity girls coming to weed and plant my garden then so really I don't have to do any of the hard work!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooooh we are trying for a garden too. We have planted some stuff but the leaves are going yellow. I am determined to grow something so I WILL NOT give up :) For a neat read on gardening check out this blog post http://kellymccaleb.typepad.com/my_happy_little_life/2009/03/my-entry.html
Post a Comment